Monday, March 2, 2009

Update on Baby Enoch

February 27, 2009
Thank you for your prayers. We have felt and seen the power of prayer strengthen Enoch and our family. As I held Enoch on Wednesday evening, I could feel the faith and prayers that were being offered for Enoch and I knew he would be okay. It has been a tangible feeling as the Spirit of the Lord has surrounded, supported, and strengthened us. Your outpouring of prayers for Enoch are greatly appreciated and have been felt.

On Thursday morning, the hospital drew blood to test for the infection and the test came back completely clear of the infection. Enoch had been healed. The pediatric infectious disease doctor was very happy to see the infection gone, but he was quite surprised by the test result. Enoch has now been approved for release from the hospital and will be coming home today. As I wrote that last sentence tears of joy and gratitude filled my eyes—grateful for the grace and the healing power of God and grateful to the many people who have exercised their faith and prayers on our behalf. Thank you.

God is a God of miracles and He does hear and answer prayers.

Cameron Taylor

“And the prayer of faith shall save the sick . . . and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
(James 5:15-16, KGV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cameron! My husband and I have been praying for Enoch and you and your wife since your first e-mail went out.

Even though it has been many, many years since we were in your place, we were drawn back into the feelings we experienced standing next to the little isolette that held our baby girl. Heather had two exchange transfusions the first week or her life. During the second one she developed a very serious blood infection. God intervened for her as He did for little Enoch. Next month she will be twenty-eight years old and as I’m writing this, in the next room, my-two-year old grandson is taking a nap. When he wakes up we will be walking to the bus stop to meet his six-year-old sister and I’ll have both of them until Mommy and Daddy come to pick them up after work. Extra blessings I would never have had.